First Charcoal Experience - "Master-Copying" Kentaro Muira


The goal was to recreate the work of an artist of your own choice, so I chose the manga artist Kentaro Miura, because I am a huge fan of his writing, and I think his art kicks butt.

The the right is the piece in question, from the manga Berserk.

I took this and stretched it out to 4x9, and then devided it into equal rows of squares.

I scaled that up to 8x18 and translated the squares to 1 inch each in pencil on a large sheet of watercolor paper and then began to copy the art as accurately as I could.







Here is the stretched out art piece



And here is the process of my work.







Tah Dah! The finished piece is what lies inside all that artist's tape. Hopefully when I pull it off tomorrow it doesn't tear anything D:








Comments